Top 10 Medical Colleges in India
India is growing and developing vastly in many sectors including Medical, auto mobiles, IT and many more. India has so many medical colleges some of them ranked among the World’s best medical colleges. Most of them are established by the state and central governments during 1960’s. Indian medical sector is good opportunity for students those who looking to make carrier in Medical. These Colleges provide various courses in Medical filed at Undergraduates and post graduates levels. Colleges allowed students to take admissions through different exam such as AIIMS and AIPMT. Here is the list of top 10 medical colleges in India.
1) All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi
All India Institute of Medical Science popularly known as AIIMS is among India’s top medical college and medical research public University. AIIMS was established in 1956 located at New Delhi, India. AIIMS operated by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. All India Institute of Medical Science continuously ranked the top medical colleges in the country to pursue medical degree. AIIMS has comprehensive facilities for patient care, research and teaching and conducts teaching program in both Para medical and medical courses for graduate and post graduates levels by awarding its own degree.
- Type- Public
- Established- 1956
- Website- http://www.aiims.edu/
- Location- Gautam Nagar, Ansari Nagar East, New Delhi, Delhi 110029
2) Armed Forces Medical College Pune, Maharashtra
Armed Forces Medical College also is known as AFMC is Medical College in Pune. AFMC was established on 01 May 1948 after Second World War. AFMC institute acknowledge as a centre of excellence for education and research in Medical. AMFC institute presently affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health and Science and recognized by MCI for conducing undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses. Main responsibility of AFMC institute is to provide entire pool of specialists doctors to the Armed Forces.
- Establishment- 01 May, 1948
- Website- http://afmc.nic.in/
- Location – Wanowrie, Pune, Maharashtra 411040
3) Christian Medical College Vellore, Tamil Nadu
Christian Medical College is medical educational medical and research institute in Tamil Nadu, India having reputation nationally and internationally. Christian Medical College was founded in 1900 by Dr Ida S. Scudder. Christian Medical College is one of the top medical institutes in India and first college to start nursing course in India.
- Type- Medical Institute and Hospital
- Establishment- 1900 by Dr Ida S. Scudder
- Website- http://www.cmch-vellore.edu/
- Location- IDA Scudder Rd, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632004
4) Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
Maulana Azad Medical College is Government medical college approved by Medical Council of India and affiliated to university of Delhi. Maulana Azad Medical College i.e MAMC was founded in 1956 and named first education minister of Independent India Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. MAMC is located at New Delhi, India. MAMC conduct different teaching program for Graduates, Post Graduates and medical schools. It is among the top medical institute in India.
- Type- Government Medical College
- Establishment- 1956
- Website- http://www.mamc.ac.in/
- Location- Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi, Delhi 110002
5) Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
Lady Hardinge Medical College is one of the top medical colleges in India especially for women’s. Previously college provide post graduation program only for women’s but since the year 1970, both female and male students are being enroll for post graduation courses at the college. The Lady Hardinge Medical institute was established in 1996 and college is affiliated to university of Delhi.
- Establishment- 1916
- Website- http://hardinge.org/
- Location- Connaught Place, New Delhi, India
6) Kasturba Medical College Manipal, Karnataka
Kasturba Medical College is one of the top medical colleges in India based in Manipal, Karnataka, India popularly known as KMC. KMC was established on 30 June, 1953 by late Dr.T.M. A.Pai. KMC was accredited by AAHRPP. KMC is the first medical college in a private sector in India and Degree awarded by KMC recognized throughout the world. Students from different country have graduated from KMC.
- Established- 1953
- Website- http://manipal.edu/kmc-manipal.html
- Location – Manipal, Karnataka, India
7) Grant Medical College Mumbai, Maharashtra
Grant Medical College Mumbai is one of the top medical colleges in India affiliated to the Maharashtra University of Health Science. Grant Medical College Mumbai consistently ranked on the list of top ten medical colleges in the India. Grant Medical College was established in 1945 is a pioneer and one of the prestigious medical institutions of national and international fame. GMC offers different medical programs for Graduates and post graduates. There are four hospitals are attached with GMC namely St. George’s Hospital, Sir J. J. Hospital, GT hospital and Cama Albless Hospital.
- Established- 1845
- Institute Type- Medical educational Institute
- Website- http://www.gmcjjh.org/
- Location- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
8) St. John’s Medical College Bangalore, Karnataka
St. John’s Medical College is one of the top India’s premier medical college, part St. John’s National Academy of Health Sciences. Instituted was established 1963 located at Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Instituted is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Health Science. St. John’s Medical College Offers graduates, post graduates, Diploma courses in Medical.
- Established- 1963
- Type- Medical College and Hospital
- Website- http://www.stjohns.in/medicalcollege/
- Location – Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
9) Madras Medical College Chennai, India
Madras Medical College is one of the top medical college in India and third oldest medical college of country. Institute was established in 1835 located at Chennai, India. College was affiliated to the Dr. M.G.R Medical university Tamil Nadu. College is affiliated to nine hospital institutions which are recognized for excellence in health care services.
- Established- 02 February 1835
- Website- http://www.mmc.tn.gov.in/
- Location – Chennai , India
10) King George’s Medical University Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
College was founded in 1911. King George’s Medical University also is known as Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University after it get transformed in 2012 Is located at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. There are various departments run by university including Anaesthesiology, Cardiology, Pharmacology, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and many more.
- Establishment- 1911
- Website- http://kgmu.org/
- Location- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh